“We needed assistance with our social media services and, after meeting Teddy, he understood quickly our requirements in a sensitive industry and how to engage our followers. Teddy has been a pleasure to work with and by using his own creativity and personality he increased our online status, would recommend him.”
Phil McTaggart, Viola FC
Personal social media
I am highly experienced in the areas of blogging, podcasting, using Facebook, and using Twitter. As a self-starter in all of these areas, I have gone on to gain an excellent grasp of them and been able to demonstrate considerable skill and success in doing so.
- My own personal Twitter account has over 2700 followers. This has been a number gained through a combination of tweeting original humorous content and making sure to be involved in social engagement.
- I set up the football-based account @ScotComFC which, at the time of writing (Dec 2013), has more followers than The Daily Record’s sports account on Twitter. (c.6000 v c.4500)
- I created, host and produce the Scottish Comedy FC Podcast, which has listeners across the globe and was beating the BBC’s Off The Ball podcast in the iTunes chart a few weeks after launching. The podcast is available via both Stitcher and iTunes.
- I set up, hosted and produced the My Hero Podcast. For this podcast I interviewed top guests including Jo Caulfield, Sanjeev Kohli, and Fred MacAulay about their heroes. The episodes are still available via Stitcher and iTunes.
- I set up, hosted and produced the My Football Hero Podcast. This podcast initially began as a summer special edition of the The Scottish Comedy FC podcast, before being given its own stream. Top guests including Andy Cameron and Only An Excuse? creator Phil Differ discussed their footballing heroes. Episodes of the podcast can be found via Stitcher and iTunes.
Social media management
Using my abilities in social media, I operated as a freelance social media manager, working with top international football agency Viola FC.
I offer a bespoke service when it comes to managing corporate or organisational social media accounts. It’s important to me to be able to work with the client in developing an engagement plan and persona that suits both them and their target audience or market. Having established that, I can then build on this agreed approach using my natural flair in the field to deliver positive and fruitful social media presence.
My skills in this area have now been more widely picked up on and I now put them to use via Edinburgh-based company Webwise Creative, working across a combination of social media and copywriting projects. If you would like me to bring my blend of writing verve, engagement strategy planning and general social media savvy to your company or organisation’s account, please contact them in the first instance.
In 2014, I have tweeted for the popular and successful company accounts @betfairpoker and @arenaflowers and been engaged to manage the @GCSRecruitment account. I was also invited to appear on the social media panel at March 2014’s Creative Loop event in Glasgow, in which I advised 150 media students on matters of best practice.
I am a Hootsuite certified professional.
I look forward to hearing from you and I look forward even more to working with you to help you generate the best social media presence possible.
To engage my social media services, please contact Webwise Creative in the first instance.
0131 667 3738