I began performing stand-up comedy in 1998 when I was 18 years old. After 16 years, I decided to retire from live performance in May 2014, bowing out with a 4-night run at The Stand Comedy Club in Glasgow.
I still write for other stand-up comedians, so please see my Writing for Comedians page if you’re interested in engaging my services.
Also, I feel that my comedic abilities add an extra dimension to my other services too. Please have a look below and decide whether you would like to have someone with this CV working on ensuring that you have an entertaining Social Media presence, Radio show or TV show.
Competitions and awards
- Best Comedian, Scottish Variety Awards 2010
- Runner-up, Scottish Comedian of the Year 2009
- Runner-up, Scottish Comedian of the Year 2008
- “brilliant Scottish comic” Kate Copstick, Scotland on Sunday
- “Head, shoulders, knees and toes above the rest…mighty stage presence and impressively high punchline ratio” Brian Donaldson, Scotsman
- “freshly minted topical gags…pin-sharp lines…great routine…a class act” Steve Bennett, Chortle.co.uk
- “has flourished…cracking lines” Jay Richardson, Scotsman
- “there are few of his Scottish-based contemporaries that can spin the same high standard of punchlines” Brian Donaldson, Scotland on Sunday
- “expertly orated…the skill of a talented, thoughtful humourist” The Skinny
- “Strong material and well timed delivery” Jason Hall, Edinburgh Evening News
- “A truly original approach to comedy” Sharon Cribbin, Edinburgh Evening News
- “Bitter, utterly heartfelt…impressive” Metro
- “quite brilliantly funny” Rory Ford, Edinburgh Evening News
- “Making the leap with cheek and charm ****” The List
- “wit and gags at his fingertips” Chloe Smith, Chortle.co.uk
- “very, very funny” one4review.com